Friday 16 November 2012

Winter Hand Care

When Winter rolls around, typically my hands bear the brunt of the cold weather. I usually wear a pair of snuggly gloves, but this year I just haven't gotten around to getting any!

To apologise to my hands for exposing them to the elements, I've been giving them a good pamper. I've heard that your hands show your age more than your face!   Here's what I love to use to give my hands a proper manicure:




My aunt bought me a set from l'Occitane and I absolutely LOVE this hand cream that came in it. The fragrance is Verbena, which I think smells lemon-citrusy and very fresh and inviguorating. I especially like the pump action, which makes for less mess and easy dispensing of product. I use this nightly before bed. It is the perfect size to keep on my bedside table!



I have to admit that I really hate nail files. I have quite sensitive nails and dragging a file along them is borderline painful to me, especially when my nails are quite long. Instead, I use a nail clippers: simple, yet effective! I do sometimes file gently after clipping just to even out any edges, which I find MUCH easier to handle when my nails are shorter.


Vaseline is another gem that I love to treat my nails with. I use it in place of a cuticle cream if my nails are feeling particularly dry or sensitive (working in a cafe my hands get very abused!). I rub a good bit into my nail bed and just let it sink in overnight.


It has been months since I stopped using nail polish on my nails (even my toes). I've really gotten used to seeing my nails bare and natural, and I quite like to give them a shine from time to time! I don't do this often, as it can be quite harsh on your nails, but I do give them a good buffing with this 4-way nail file. You file, smooth, buff and shine! It makes my nails shine like no other, and makes me feel as though my nails are nice and healthy.



 What are your favourite hand care products?? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment