Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Eco Thrifty Gift Guide



  

What a season of pressure! I can’t count how many times I heard people saying they “had to buy” this or that for their loved ones this Christmas. Why not give friends and family a gift to remember this year by making it yourself? I know not everyone has time to spend hours DIYing handcrafted masterpieces for everyone on their Christmas list, so here is a list of simple ideas.



Anything home-baked
I would be so happy to receive a tin of home-made cookies for Christmas! This is the time of year for home comforts, and everyone is indulging their foodie side a bit more. Gingerbread is an especially festive choice, and you can make a huge batch then personalise to suit the person being gifted! Have a leaf through foodgawker for inspiration if you are feeling stuck. You can also gift anything else home-made such as vinegar, wine, jam or herb-infused oils!


You can't go wrong with gingerb


Old photos in a frame
You can hand-make, source around your house, or pick up at a charity store interesting and cute photo frames, or even entire photobooks or scrapbooks. Sentimental and thoughtful gifts are always cherished and appreciated! If you have no old photos feel free to take a scroll through either instagram of facebook to find some!


My friend Senita and I
My friend Eimear and I. She got me this frame for my 18th, signed by friends!


Notebooks
I will be designing several notebooks to give away this year. You can give anything from a dream diary, gratitude journal, friendship book for 2 people to share, notebook for lists.. There are so many options! Plus you can customise to your hearts content using coloured paper, fabric, paint… And throw in a cute pen to complete the gift!


Playlists
Another cheap and cheerful gift to give is a carefully curated playlist – the modern equivalent of a mix-tape. Whether this be movies, songs, TV shows or Youtube channel and blog recommendations, this is a gift you can make to suit anybody. You can create a theme for the playlist and give it either on a USB stick or a CD, and if you’re crafty you can design the CD cover! This year I am giving a ‘Sunshine Playlist’ to somebody close to me, filled with songs about the sun and sunshine to bring joy and happiness! 

Howl's Moving Castle


Got more ideas? Leave them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment