Wednesday 2 July 2014

The Benefits of Yoga

Hi lovelies,

I thought I would do an accompanying blog post to go with the video I recently made about the multiple benefits of practicing yoga. I currently practice yoga on a daily basis, and try to get at least half an hour of daily practice in, though I often end up spending 2 hours as well!

This is just a personal list of benefits that have manifested in my life, comment below with how yoga has helped you!! :)

Muscle tone and shape, lengthening and strengthening
Detoxing after indulgence in not-so-healthy things (vodka, pringles... name your poison!)
No muscle cramps from working out (or in general!)
Balance and spatial awareness
Flexibility
Posture
Increased metabolism and body heat
Breathing
Sensory bodily pleasure of stretching and being in my physical body
Release of tension
Peace of mind, calmness and serenity
Release of emotional trauma and upset, dissipation of negative feelings
Self confidence, self acceptance and self love
Joy for life
Love and compassion for others
Finding space in the body, exploring inner and outer boundaries

Keeps my spark alive!

<3

Namaste

1 comment: