Wednesday 19 September 2012

My Morning Skincare Regime

Hi guys, thought I would do a little post on my morning skincare regime (as you can tell from the title). I've been trying to incorporate a lot of natural elements into my skincare regime recently, and ban all the nasty chemicals that I don't want on my skin or in my bloodstream! It's a slow process, but I'm improving all the time.

So, here are my bits and pieces!




My morning cleanse takes no time at all, because I'm starting with a clean face without makeup on. I wash it with Pure Natural Beauty cleanser from Marks&Spencers. Since I have dry skin, I find this cleanser to be excellent: very moisturising but still cleans the sin well. It smells amazing too so perfect to wake me up in the morning!



I try to incorporate lots of moisturising elements into my skincare, as I have very dry skin and like to keep it as supple as possible. Next step is to spritz my face with rose water, which not only smells gorgeous, but also acts as a toner and anti-inflammatory (anti-redness). I love this and use it morning and night!



I love Aloe Vera gel and use it in place of a serum. It's all-natural, helps protect against the harmful after-effects of the sun and it cools and moisturises my skin.



The eye cream I use is actually my boyfriend's, but he never uses it and I love the roller ball applicator. It seems like it would last me a really long time, and i love that you can control the amount of product coming out by squeezing the tube. Bonus: this brand is very natural and cruelty-free.



Last, but by no means least: day cream. The moisturiser I'm loving at the moment is the much raved about Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentré. It doesn't have an overpowering scent, it's creamy and hydrating and acts as an excellent base for makeup. I find it to be perfect for my dry skin and have used this product for about 2 years now. My mom purchased this one for me on a recent trip to Paris! I love living in Europe, with so many excellent skincare and makeup brands within reach.



What are your skincare must-haves? Leave a comment below!

Alanna
xx




2 comments:

  1. i might have to try this rose water!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CANNOT recommend it enough, I am flying through mine! I think I forgot to mention it's organic, too :)

      Delete