Friday 26 July 2013

Silk Naturals Lippiepalooza Swatches!

A note on the formulations: the bright lipsticks are incredibly pigmented and wonderfully hydrating, however they definitely leave a stain. Great if you want the colour to last after the lipstick wears off, not so great if you want to remove the colour! For this reason I was unable to get an accurate swatch of the Amplifying Lip Glaze in Blushberry, which is quite sheer and wears like a gloss. It's the third colour down in this arm swatch taken from my Instagram (@TeenyTemptress).

Top-Bottom: Lois, Jane, Blushberry, Zap, Wham, Zing, Vroom



Lois
This first shade is called Lois, and comes off as a light, neutral pink on my lips. A great everyday, tame colour.

Jane
Next, we have Jane; still a wearable pink, but more on the fuchsia side and with some mica shimmer apparent with heavy application. If worn sheer over a lip balm, the shimmer doesn't show noticeably on the lips.

Vroom
Vroom is a pink-based red. It is matte with a velvet texture, none of these lipsticks are drying but they do STAIN!

Wham
Wham has the same texture and colour intensity as Vroom, but is a true fuchsia pink. I love this colour, it screams 'Barbie' to me!

Zap
Zap is a bright orange which tends somewhat towards red. I find it an excellent replacement for my Revlon lipstick in Kiss Me Coral.

Zing
I saved my favourite for last. This is Zing. It is one of the most perfect, true reds I have ever worn on my lips and it is absolutely beautiful. This will be living on my lips year round, it's a classic!!


No comments:

Post a Comment