Monday 29 April 2013

Spirit Lounge Sample Haul

I stumbled upon this website and was drawn in by the sample offer they have going on: 9 samples for €20 (including shipping). They have a range of cool brands on here, so I figured I would give some of them a try! They have plenty of natural and organic skincare, haircare and makeup goodies to choose from!


The samples come in a little gift bag, cool for repurposing or giving away to friends. I would also like to mention that they use only paper envelopes, no bubble wrap here!! It's nice to see a company that cares about environmental impact.



I ordered 4 Alima Pure pigments, a Soapwalla body wash, a Pai toner and 3 perfume samples.


The three perfume samples were by a company called Honorè Des Près, a natural and organic French fragrance company. Unfortunately I did not gel with any of these fragrances. I have a very picky nose (hemhem) and I only like specific scents. All these scents are very unique and earthy, almost smelling dusty. The perfumes are VERY strong and the scent will linger, even with only one spritz! (for me this was a bad thing, but if you like the smell, more power to you!).


The Soapwalla body wash, on the other hand, has a light and pleasing citrus scent. Can't wait to try this one out!


I am undecided on the Pai toner. It is a scent that may grow on me, but it wasn't love at first sniff.


The Alima pigments are the stars of this haul. I bought one blush, a highlighter and two eyeshadows. Amethyst eyeshadow is a lovely, warm purple shimmer; Eden eyeshadow is a gorgeous green-gold, Whisper is a pink-based shimmery highlight which would also look lovely as an eyeshadow, and Apple Blossom is a pale, matte pink shade that's perfect for Spring!

Alima Pure Swatch Amethyst, Eden, Whisper, Apple Blossom.

When swatched, I am impressed with the pigmentation of these and the fact that the samples come in little pots rather than sample baggies!

Overall I think it's a great sample service from Spirit Lounge, you get enough to get a good feel for the product in mini travel friendly sizes! I would recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment