Friday 13 June 2014

Pacifica

It has recently come to my attention that the brand Pacifica is spreading its influence all over the world, even coming to Ireland! I noticed a display of their roller ball perfumes in Nourish (a health food chain here in Dublin) and had to give them all a sniff! 

The brand is 100% vegan and cruelty free, and the ingredients in the products I've tried so far are pretty natural! Bonus! (do remember to read ingredient lists of individual products, though)

The one I chose to take home with me was the Tahitian Gardenia, which is still my favourite. It's light and fresh, slightly floral and definitely not overpowering. 

You can also find a slightly wider range of Pacifica products on iHerb with worldwide shipping (I am utterly obsessed with this site if you hadn't guessed.. use my code DCL725 for your first purchase!)

When I spied the Indian Coconut Nectar set on sale for only $18 (!!!!) I had to jump on and order it! The trio came with the full size rollerball perfume and full size lip tint, as well as 2.5fl oz tube of the body butter. 


The coconut scent reminds me of holidays, pina coladas and sunscreen. It is a little sweeter than the Gardenia, so I prefer it for balmy summer nights rather than an every day/ signature scent. 

The ingredients are pretty clean as far as the body butter goes, although it does contain phenoxyethanol. I'm going to use it up on my legs, just because it came with the set although I probably won't repurchase. It's a butter that you would buy more for the scent than any amazing moisturising properties.

The packaging on the perfumes is delightful, they are glass tubes with gold caps. Every scent is colour coded so you can easily find the one you want if you decide to buy them all!

As I had heard rave reviews about the lip tints in the natural community I also picked up the Blood Orange. Unfortunately for me, this lip tint contains shimmer and also SMELLS LIKE ORANGES. I don't know why I was surprised by the strong scent, but I think I presumed the name referred more to the colour than the scent. I am really not a fan of orange scents, but I did try this out once - I lasted about 10 minutes before wiping it off.

Bottom: Coconut, Top: Blood Orange

The formula of these lip tints is lovely, but less is definitely more. All you need is a sheer coat for moisture and some colour (beware the shimmer if that's not your thing).

Ingredients:
Perfume
Alcohol denat. (natural grain), parfum (Pacifica’s own fragrance blend with natural and essential oils), aqua (water).

Body Butter
Aqua (purified), caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut source), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin (vegetable source), glyceryl stearate (vegetable source), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, stearic acid (vegetable source), stearyl alcohol (vegetable source), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, allantoin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, hyaluronic acid, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, xanthan gum (vegetable source), algin (algae source), riboflavin (plant source), mangifera indica (mango) butter, rosa rugosa (rose) seed oil, daucus carota (carrot) seed oil, aleuritus moluccana (kukui) nut oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, linum usitatissimum (flax) seed oil, mixed tocopherols (vitamin E), panthenol (pro-vitamin B), parfum (Pacifica's own fragrance blend with natural and essential oils), cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, arnica montana flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, camellia sinesis (white tea) leaf extract, phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin (plant source)
Lip Tint
Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soy) wax, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopherol, flavor, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, silica.
100% Vegan .Cruelty and Paraben-Free.








No comments:

Post a Comment