Friday 16 August 2013

Plant Essentials, Townsville

As some of you may know if you follow my Youtube channel, I am currently in Australia. I wanted to experience some local skincare (natural skincare, of course) while I was here, so I popped into Plant Essentials on Flinders Street to check out their stock.

It turns out they have their own line of natural skincare made with a lot of natural ingredients and based in aromatherapy. The shop smells amazing! Their products are made locally and are free from:
-Petrochemicals
-Synthetic Preservatives
-Colours
-Fragrances
-Animal Testing

Plant Essentials: Walnut & Fennel Eye Cream and Hemp Cream
I picked up their Walnut and Fennel Eye Cream and Hemp Cream.

The eye cream comes in what seems like a huge amount for an eye cream. It's 25ml of product and comes with a pump for about $17 AUS. The consistency is incredibly light, almost to the point of being comparable to a cleansing milk. The fennel scent predominates, but the overall smell is light and not overpowering! It absorbs well into the skin and does not leave the area feeling greasy or oily in any way, so this is perfect for a daytime eye cream.




I asked the lady in the shop to advise me on the best moisturising product to tackle eczema and she pointed me in the direction of the Hemp Cream. It's 125ml with an open-close pump for about $18 AUS. Cocoa and I have both been using this product non-stop since buying it, and may have to go back for another!



I have used it on heat rash, which cleared up overnight; Cocoa uses it on his sunburn and eczema for extra hydration. It smells like Club Lemon: a strong zesty, citrus scent which pulls towards lime. It does have lime essential oil in it, so I'm wary of applying it during the day in case of photosensitisation, but I do love it at night.

Again, it has a lovely light consistency that melts into the skin. The scent is stronger in this product and I would keep it away from the face for this reason.

Altogether Plant Essentials is a lovely shop with friendly, helpful staff! I would recommend it if you are in the Townsville area!

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned eczema, I don't know if it's vegan but look for "eczema shield" next to the "inner health plus" probiotics while you're in Australia. It's amazing and fixes the problem internally, not externally. :)

    ReplyDelete