Saturday 22 September 2012

New Brush Organisation!

Having a lazy Saturday, I decided to do some simple DIYing to spruce up my brush holders.

Recently, I've been keeping my brushes in old repurposed tin cans from baked beans and things like that. I've gotten sick of looking at the tatty metal (even though I loved that shabby chic look at first!) so I've glammed them up a bit!



I just used some olf scrap fabric in floral prints that I had laying around and glued it to the can! Not exactly the neatest job in the world, but infinitely cuter than before. The prints are just adorable, and the white one in particular reminds me of Cath Kidson.


If you plan to recreate this idea yourself, please Tweet me with pictures @TeenyTemptress, I would love to see your creativity! Also, I recommend using non-stretchy fabric, as I found stretchy fabric harder to work with.. Patterned paper would also work excellently. The glue I used was regular water-based gloopy school-glue, the kind you squeeze from a bottle. I think PVA would work well, also!


I love them! It makes me happy to look at them. It just goes to show what a little change can do to boost your mood.



If you've got any more ideas for updating and decorating makeup storage, let me know! Maybe I'll attack my makeup drawers with glitter glue next! Happy Crafting, darlings :)

Alanna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment